In today's post, I will cover online jobs that don't require being on the phone. It seems almost every internet-based job involves some interaction over the phone, which can be frustrating for myself as well as others who have small children or pets at home.
The EASIEST Ways To Earn Extra Cash Online...
- Branded Surveys - Get paid instantly by answering simple questions. Join now!
- Survey Junkie - Earn $20 fast for taking surveys & testing new products. Join now!
- PaidViewpoint - I've personally earned over $5,500 with this trusted site. Pays fast via Paypal. Join Today!
- Inbox Dollars - Get paid to read emails. Join Inbox Dollars and Get $5 Bonus.
Below you will find some awesome work at home opportunities ranging anywhere from chat-based to medical jobs and even paid product testing.
Make sure to share this page with your friends who may be interested in this type of work.
#1 – Chat and Email
Online chat and email jobs are among the most popular work at home jobs. Working as a chat agent involves assisting customers via chat or email – no phone required. This is ideal for stay at home moms with a noisy background.
#2 – Online Tutoring
Online tutoring involves working one on one teaching students from the convenience of your home. Typically all tutoring sessions are done via Skype or through some type of video software. This is an easy way for students to learn virtually without being in a classroom.
#3 – Data Entry
Data entry is another popular work at home option that is hard to find. While there are many scams, there are several legitimate companies that recruit data entry keyers.
Go here for more data entry jobs.
#4 – Scoring Tests
You can work from home scoring standardized testing for students in elementary, middle, high school, and college. This job typically requires some type of educational background.
#5 – Search Evaluation
If you're great at navigating through the internet, this could be an ideal opportunity for you. Your role involves making sure major search engines like Google and Yahoo stay updated.
#6 – Online Moderation
As an online moderator, you may be managing comments on forums, chat rooms, or social media posts. Your job is to make sure the energy stays positive and to kick the bad guys out.
#7 – Medical Coding
Medical coders typically work in the billing office of medical offices or hospitals. However, several companies will recruit medical coders to work remotely from home. I recommended having at least 1-2 years of experience working in the field before being hired to work remotely.
#8 – Product Testing
Product Testing is a fun and easy way to make money testing out free products. Consumers want to know what you think about a new product before it is released to stores. For sharing your opinion, you are rewarded with cash, free products.
#9 – General Transcription
Transcription involves listening to an audio recording and typing what you hear into a document. It is then returned to the client, giving them a written record of what’s on the recording.
- CastingWords – (Read full review)
- Quicktate -(Read full review)
- Scribie – (Read full review)
- Transcription Hub
- Speechpad– (Read full review)
- Transcribe Me – (Read full review)
#10 – Surveys
Many legitimate paid survey sites will pay you for sharing your feedback in exchange for cash, store gift cards, electronics, and other rewards. You won't necessarily make hundreds of dollars per month, but it is an easy way to get paid for your time and participation.
#11 – Writing/Editing
When it comes to writing, there are endless opportunities available to showcase your skills. I would recommend offering your writing services on reputable freelance sites such as Problogger and Upwork. Go here for a monster list of 100+ writing and editing jobs.
Don't live in the US? Here are some International non-phone jobs to consider:
- AppleCare at Home – (Read full review)– AppleCare hires work at home advisors to assist customers through online chat. Open to the US and Australia.
- Shutterstock – This company hires image reviewers to work from home in the following countries: US, Canada, Philipines, Mexico, France, Japan, South Korea, and North America.
- Lionbridge – (Read full review) – Lionbridge also recruits search engine evaluators to work from home. Open worldwide.
- Xerox – This is a large company that offers a variety of positions in customer service, data entry, software programming, and more. Xerox works with employees in over 160 countries worldwide.
Have An Ideal Non-Phone Job?
Do you work at home doing something that doesn’t require being on the phone? By sharing experiences and recommendations, this page can become an even better resource for those wanting to find an online job at home, but prefer it to be something without chatting on the phone.
Enjoyed This Post, Read These Too!
This page may include some affiliate and referral links. Please be aware that I only promote companies that I feel I can legitimately recommend to my readers. Please see my disclosure policy for further information.