Best 11 Online Work at Home Jobs that Don’t Require Being on the Phone
In today's post, I will cover online jobs that don't require being on the phone. It seems that almost every internet based job involves some interaction over the phone, which can be frustrating for myself as well as others who have small children or pets in the home.
Below you will find some awesome work at home opportunities ranging anywhere from chat-based to medical jobs and even paid product testing.
Make sure to share this page with your friends who may be interested in this type of work.
#1 – Chat and Email Jobs
Online chat and email jobs are among the most popular work at home jobs. Working as a chat agent involves you assisting customers via chat or email – no phone required. This is ideal for stay at home moms with a noisy background.
#2 – Online Tutoring
Online tutoring involves you working one on one teaching students from the convenience of your home. Typically all tutoring sessions are done via Skype or through some type of video software. This is an easy way for students to learn virtually without being in a classroom.
#3 – Data Entry
Data entry is another popular work at home option that is hard to find. While there are many scams, there are several legitimate companies that recruit data entry keyers.
#4 – Scoring Tests
You can work from home scoring standardized testing for students in elementary, middle, high school, and college. This jobs typically require some type of educational background.
#5 – Search Evaluation
If you're great at navigating through the internet, this could be an ideal opportunity for you. Your role involves making sure major search engines like Google and Yahoo stay updated.
#6 – Online Moderation
As an online moderator, you may be managing comments on forums, chat rooms, or social media posts. Your job is to make sure the energy stays positive and to kick the bad guys out.
#7 – Medical Coding
Medical coders typically work in the billing office of medical offices or hospitals. However, there are several companies that will recruit medical coders to work remotely from home. It is recommended to have at least 1-2 years of experience working in the field before hired on.
#8 – Product Testing
Product Testing is a fun and easy way to make money testing out free products. Consumers want to know what you think about a new product before it is released to stores. For sharing your opinion you are rewarded with cash, free products
#9 – General Transcription
Basically, transcription involves listening to an audio recording and typing what you hear into a document. It is then returned to the client, giving them a written record of what’s on the recording.
- CastingWords–Learn more
- Quicktate–Read more
- Transcription Hub
- Speechpad–Read more
- Transcribe Team
- Go here for more transcription jobs from home.
#10 – Surveys
There are many legitimate paid survey sites that will pay you for sharing your feedback in exchange for cash, store giftcards, electronics, and other rewards. You won't necessarily make hundreds of dollars per month, but it is an easy way to get paid for your time and participation.
- Opinion Outpost
- Survey Savvy
- Global Test Market
- Pinecone Research
- Click here for more legitimate paid survey sites.
#11 – Writing/Editing
When it comes to writing there are endless opportunities available to showcase your skills. I would recommend offering your writing services on reputable freelance sites such as Problogger and Upwork. Go here for a monster list of 100+ writing and editing jobs.
Don't live in the US? Here are some International non-phone jobs to consider:
- AppleCare at Home – AppleCare hires at home advisors to assist customer through online chat. Open to the US and Australia.
- Leapforce – This company hires search engine evaluators to work from in more than 20 countries.
- Shutterstock – This company hires image reviewers to work from home in the following countries: US, Canada, Philipines, Mexico, France, Japan, South Korea, and North America.
- Lionbridge – Lionbridge also recruits search engine evaluators to work from home. Open to the following countries:
- Xerox – This is a large company that offers a variety of positions in customer service, data entry, software programming, and more. Xerox work with employees in over 160 countries worldwide.
- Go here for a MONSTER list of 100 worldwide work at home job leads.
Have an ideal non phone job? Keep reading…
Do you work at home doing something that doesn’t require being on the phone? By sharing experiences and recommendations, this page can become an even better resource for those wanting to find an online job at home, but prefer it to be something without chatting on the phone.
Enjoyed This Post, Read These Too!
This page may include some affiliate and referral links. Please be aware that I only promote companies that I feel I can legitimately recommend to my readers. Please see my disclosure policy for further information.
Latest posts by Lashay (see all)
- Lionbridge Review: Get Paid $12/hr To Rate Online Google Results - July 19, 2019
- Top 11 Legit Apps Like Ibotta to Get Cash Back - July 14, 2019
- Best 14 Part-Time Online Jobs for College Students - July 5, 2019