Are you looking for a work from home job that provides freedom and flexibility to work remotely and on your schedule? Then online transcription jobs are perfect for you. Scribie is a general transcription company that hires freelancers to do general transcription jobs. The company pays freelancers like you to transcribe audio files from their clients.
The EASIEST Ways To Earn Extra Cash Online...
- Branded Surveys - Get paid instantly by answering simple questions. Join now!
- Survey Junkie - Earn $20 fast for taking surveys & testing new products. Join now!
- PaidViewpoint - I've personally earned over $5,500 with this trusted site. Pays fast via Paypal. Join Today!
- Inbox Dollars - Get paid to read emails. Join Inbox Dollars and Get $5 Bonus.
If you want to earn some extra cash working from home, Scribie is a great site that offers general audio file typing jobs you can do at your convenience from the comfort of your home.
What Skills Do You Need to Work as a Scribie Transcriber?
- Good communication skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Excellent comprehension of American, Australian and British accents
- Fast typing skills
What Tools Do You Need?
- A verified PayPal account
- A laptop or desktop computer and access to the Internet
- A simple foot pedal
What Tasks Will You Be Doing?
- Listen to audio files from clients and transcribe them into text
- Review the audio transcript for accuracy
- Verify that the transcript matches the audio file
- Check the transcript for any spelling, punctuation and grammatical mistakes [adsense468x15]
It takes 30-45 minutes to transcribe a 6-minute audio file but it will vary depending on your comprehension of different accents, typing speed, the quality of the audio file, etc. You will not get paid for the actual time spent working on the file. The payment for a 6 minute or less file is $1. So you are paid $1 for a 6-minute file even if you spend 30-45 minutes on it to complete it. You get 2 hours turnaround time (TAT) to complete each file. If you are a fast and accurate typist and have excellent comprehension ability, you may be able to complete it faster.
How Much Money Can You Make with Scribie?
You will not make much money transcribing online with Scribie as you could as a freelancer. However, you can earn great side income if you are a fast typist, work on as many files as possible, and get a promotion to a Reviewer as quickly as possible. If you can transcribe a 6-minute file in 15 minutes, you can make $4 an hour. If you work 5 hours a day and 6 days a week, you will make $120 per week. The bonuses and affiliate and referral commissions will boost your earnings too. As a reviewer, you will also be paid $10 per audio file.
Scribie pays $10 per audio hour for raw transcription and review. You can work as much as possible. There is no restriction on the number of audio files you can submit each day. Scribie pays a monthly bonus of $5 for every 3 audio hours completed each month.
Scribie also offers a referral program that lets you earn 10% lifetime affiliate commission on the business generated by customers you invited to use Scribie’s transcription service through your affiliate link. For referred transcribers, you will earn a 5% referral commission on their direct earnings. There is no limit on the amount you can earn from their affiliate and referral programs. You can withdraw your earnings anytime you want via your verified PayPal account. There is no minimum withdrawal limit but there is a 2% fee for withdrawing earnings below $30.
How to Work for Scribie?
The first step is to apply at Scribie's website.
There are no application fees or any other charges. After submitting your application, you will be given an application number. Then to confirm your email address, they will send you an email to the address provided with a link. You will need to visit the link to complete your submission. Your application will be reviewed within 1 business day. If your application is accepted, you will be added to the waiting list to take a test. They will invite you to take the test.
The second step is to take a test.
You will be presented with a list of files. The test involves choosing one of the files, transcribing it, and submitting the transcript for review. If the submission of your test file for review is accepted, you will be certified as a transcriber and get paid for the test file. If rejected, you can retake the test 9 more times.
The third step is to begin working once certified.
Once certified, you can pick any available file. You can select as many files as you want but you can have only one assignment at a time. Each assignment has to be submitted within 2 hours with one allowed extension for an hour. Once the submission of each file is reviewed, your account will be credited with the respective amount for the file.
Final Words on Working At Scribie
Typing audio scripts at Scribie is a great work from home job for those who need some extra cash without committing to a specific schedule. You can transcribe audio files that are easy to understand and earn some cash on the side. No obligations, no monthly commitments, or withdrawal limits. Good luck to those who apply!
Interested in Typing Jobs? You May Also Like:
- The Best 10 Online Typing Jobs for Beginners
- How To Use Your Typing Experience To Make Serious Money Online
- Remote Typing Jobs for Beginners: 7 Legit Work at Home Companies
- Top 20 Online Transcription Jobs for Beginners and Pros
- How to Make Money with Work From Home Transcription Jobs