Quicktate, established in 1999, is a company that offers transcription services to diverse clients worldwide. They hire general transcribers to work from home regardless of your experience level and are always open to those starting out in transcription.
Here is all you need to know about this legitimate work from home typing job at Quicktate.
The EASIEST Ways To Earn Extra Cash Online...
- Branded Surveys - Get paid instantly by answering simple questions. Join now!
- Survey Junkie - Earn $20 fast for taking surveys & testing new products. Join now!
- PaidViewpoint - Take quick easy surveys! I've personally earned over $6,559 THIS YEAR! Pays fast via Paypal. Join Today!
- National Consumer Panel - Get paid to test free products! Join Now.
Type of Work
Transcribers hired by Quicktate are expected to transcribe a number of documents as assigned by the company. Some of these documents include medical files, voice mail messages, legal files, phone call recordings, letters, conference calls, and memos.
The length of these documents varies greatly. Some audio files may be 2-3 minutes, while other recordings may be significantly longer, such as 2-3 hours.
The company does not focus on the professional training that one has gone through but rather prefers individuals who have good skills in grammar and punctuation.
In addition to offering services in transcription, Quicktate also offers jobs to transcribers who prefer to dictate documents through their iDictate division.
Do you want transcription training? Visit Transcribe Anywhere to sign up for a FREE transcription mini-course. When I was new to transcription this program was one of the few free courses I found valuable.
Terms of Payment
Quicktate pays general or legal transcription work a quarter of a cent per word. So, if you transcribe 400 words, you would be paid $1. Medical transcribers are paid half a cent for each word transcribed. So, you would make a dollar for transcribing 200 words. All payments are made weekly through Paypal.
Have more financial questions about this job? Learn more about Quicktate's payment policies.
Transcribers are not employees, but rather independent contractors. Thus, Quicktate allows their transcribers to set their own schedules. You can work flexibly during times that work for you. This means you can work as little or as much as you want. Quicktate is open for business 24 hours per day and 7 days per week.
Requirements and Qualifications
To be a transcriber at QuickTate, you must meet the following qualifications.
- Ability to accurately type out audio files
- Ability to follow instructions
- Exemplary character, reliable and honest
- Good in grammar and spelling
- Must pass typing quiz for specialty or language chosen (options include: French, English, and Spanish among others)
- No criminal record from a felony or misdemeanor
In addition, you will be required to have your own equipment. Equipment may include a computer or laptop, internet, speakers, headset, Word Perfect, Excel, Express Scribe Pro, monitors, foot pedals, etc.
To get hired as a transcriber for Quicktate, there are several steps to follow.
- Applicants must fill in this form on their website to create a typist account. This includes providing general information about yourself and three non-family references as well as reading and agreeing to six different agreement documents.
- Next, you need to take a typing test designed to test typing speed before you can proceed further. The score from the test will determine whether you can also take the iDictate test to get jobs from that division as well.
- If successful, applicants must agree to a background check which costs $20 via PayPal or credit card.
- Once you pass the background check, you can begin accepting transcription assignments.
Have more questions? Go here to learn more about being a transcriber at Quicktate.
Being a transcriber can be a rewarding work from home job and is ideal for those who seek highly flexible schedule. One of the advantages of working with Quicktate is you are an Independent Contractor so you can choose to work when you want to work and how often you want to work 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Another advantage of this company is you are paid weekly.
The disadvantages to this company are that it pays less than average per word (a quarter of a cent for non-medical transcription) and you need to provide your own equipment. However, if these are not issues for you and you are interested in a typing job from home, Quicktate is a legit and reputable company to consider. Good luck to all those who apply!
You May Also Like These Transcription Jobs:
- TranscribeMe Review: Work at Home Transcribers Wanted (No Experience Required)
- Ubiqus Work at Home Review: Freelance Transcription & Proofreading Jobs
- Speechpad: A Legitimate Home-Based Typing Job for Newbies
- Speakwrite is Hiring Remote Work from Home Transcriptionists, Flexible Hours!
- AccuTran Global Review: Become A Work from Home Transcriptionist