When summer fades into autumn, the winter season is quickly approaching. This means you're most likely preparing to spend money on gifts for the upcoming holidays. So, finding a variety of opportunities to make money on the side is much needed.
While many may be wondering how they are going to afford the high priced gifts, I want to share with you ways to make quick money from the comfort of your home. If you’re looking to make extra money before the holidays, this list will help make your desires come true.
Here are 10 Ways To Make Money For the Holidays…
#1 – Sell Your Used Clothes Online
Do you have a closet filled with stuff that's just catching dust, too? Turn your old, unused clothes into cash for the holidays with thredUP (Read full review). This company allows you to sell your high-quality clothes online. They will accept women's clothes and handbags, junior's clothes, and children's clothes without stains, rips, fading, shrinkage, or blemishes of any kind. If you have the original tag, you can earn more. Pay is anywhere from $0.25 – $13 per item depending on the quality. Payout is through Paypal or you can use the funds to shop directly on their site.
#2 – Take Online Surveys
There are several companies that will pay you for simply sharing your own two cents. This is a legitimate way to make money before the holidays and even teens can do it. Here are some U.S. survey companies that want to hear your thoughts and opinions:
- Opinion Outpost – (Read full review) – Share your opinion and get rewarded with cash, Amazon gift cards, game points, and more. Payments are typically made instantly.
- Pinecone Research – (Read full review) – It’s easy and fun to test and evaluate new product ideas in the comfort of your own home. Usually, most surveys pay around $3 each.
- Vindale Research – (Read full review) – Get paid to review products and share your own thoughts.
#3 – Review Music
This is a truly fun way to earn money online by listening to music. Record companies and new artists would love to hear your feedback. Get paid to review music on the following sites:
- Slice the Pie – (Read full review) – Slice the Pie is a website you can use to rate and review music online. You can sign up as young as 13 years of age. The payout is every Tuesday and Friday via Paypal. You must have at least $10 to request payout, making it feasible to earn at least $20 per week before the holidays.
- Music Xray – Music Xray is very similar to Slice the Pie in that you are paid to listen and review songs. You get paid real money to listen to and rate songs. In order to get started, you must link your Facebook account. The pay is $0.10 per song you listen to. Payouts are made via Paypal once your account reaches $20.
#4 – Review Websites
Make money for sharing your thoughts on websites, apps, and more. To sign up, you would simply fill out some basic information, and then wait for an invite to complete a website test. Once your test has been submitted and reviewed, you will receive between $8 – $15 per task via PayPal. These 11 user testing sites will help you earn cash for dedicating only 15-20 minutes of your time.
#5 – Earn Cash Back for Shopping Online
The secret to earning hundreds of dollars of free money is by simply adding one more step to your online shopping process. Before purchasing an item from a store's site, go to a cash-back portal like Rakuten or Mr. Rebates and click to your desired store through these sites. This simple step will help you earn 1 to 30 percent cashback off your purchases.
#6 – Make Money with Your Smartphone
It is easier than you may think to earn money with your smartphone! There is an abundance of legit apps to use to earn some cash on the side for the holidays. These 12 money-making apps can help you earn cash while shopping or traveling.
#7 – Tutor Students Online
Working as an online tutor is a great way to make money in your spare time and it doesn’t take much to get started. Check out these tutoring options and you may be able to start earning just in time for the holidays.
#8 – Mystery Shopping
In-store mystery shopping can also make you some extra cash if you don't mind leaving the house. If you are located in a rural area, you’ll most likely receive more opportunities as a mystery shopper. This will require some travel and may or may not be worth it for you depending on your travel distance. Check out these legitimate mystery shopping companies.
#9 – Write Articles for Extra Money
There are many ways to begin a freelance writing career, but if you are looking for ways to make some quick cash for the holidays, consider the following:
- Textbroker – You can sign up with Textbroker with very little writing experience. A short writing sample may be required and that will determine how much money you will make. This site pays weekly.
- Verblio – Get paid to write blog posts. This is basically ghostwriting, where you are paid when a client purchases your content. The more you write, the more you can earn.
#10 – Offer Gift Wrapping Services
Anyone who has waited until Christmas eve to start wrapping gifts knows the terror of this situation. Offer your services to those around you early in the season, then offer gift-wrapping services by the hour. You can buy wrapping supplies in bulk and make beautifully wrapped gifts to take the burden off others. Set your rate and earn some extra cash while helping others.
Final Thoughts on Making Money for the Holidays
Enjoy your holiday season and make some extra money without applying for a full-time job. After you make some extra cash, continue making good spending decisions, and seek to save money all year round. Happy Holidays!
You May Also Like: