As a Website Tester, your job is to make sure websites are very easy to navigate. This is a major struggle for me as a website owner, to make sure my visitors can find the content they are looking for.
When building a blog, it's always great to have a fresh perspective of your site from a new visitor.
Read on to learn more how website testing is one of the easiest ways to earn money without leaving your couch.
FlexJobs is also highly recommended. With an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, with a money-back guarantee if you are unhappy with the result, this job portal assures that every job posted is 100% legit.
What exactly does a Website Tester do?
A Website Tester is someone who gives their opinion about a random website. Some companies may require you to install software, which will enable your activity to be recorded. You may be informed to speak about the design of the site, quality and ease-of-use.
What are the requirements as a Website Tester?
For equipment, the following are required:
- Updated PC or Laptop
- High-speed Internet
- Some sites will even require a webcam – I personally use an inexpensive brand called Logitech HD Pro Webcam that I purchased on Amazon.
You should also be able to speak basic English and have good writing skills because some companies may ask you to write a small report after each completed test.
Need a better option to earn some quick money at home? Take online surveys now! Survey Junkie will give you cash for sharing your feedback. Earn $5 when you sign up to them!
12 Companies that Will Pay You to Test Websites from Home
- UserTesting – Read Review– This company is currently hiring website testers nationwide. You are rewarded $10 cash for every 10-15 minutes test you complete. No webcam is needed.
- Whatusersdo – Pay is $8 or more via PayPal. A test takes around 15-20 minutes to complete. You must have a Mac or PC, Internet access and microphone.
- UserTest – Pay is $10.50 per test study. It's completely free to join and only takes 5 minutes to become a qualified tester.
- Enroll – Get paid to test websites before they are published. Earn cash rewards.
- UTest – This company offers a variety of website testing opportunities.
- UserFeel – This company pays around $10 per test.
- Start Up Lift – Website tester jobs available immediately. You are paid $5 per test via PayPal.
- Analysia – Test takes around 15 minutes to complete. Pay is $10 per test.
- TryMyUI – Tests takes around 15-20 minutes to complete. Pay is $10 per test.
- Userlytics – Both webcam and microphone are required to complete test. Pay is $10 per test.
- Amazon Mechanical Turk –Read more– This company is owned by Amazon. It offers Website Tester jobs, but the pay may be much less than the others on this list.
- Testing Time – Get paid to conduct user testing studies. You will earn up to $50 per test, paid via Paypal.
Searching for Several Companies that Hire Website Testers?
Visit FlexJobs to find which website testing jobs are actively hiring now.
I provide lots of up-to-date work from home career choices, job listing, and video tutorials every week.