Best 12 Companies That Pay You To Test Websites from Home
As a Website Tester, your job is to make sure websites are very easy to navigate. This is a major struggle for me as a website owner, to make sure my visitors can find the content they are looking for. When building a blog, it's always great to have a fresh perspective of your site from a new visitor.
Read on to learn more how website testing is one of these easiest ways to earn money without leaving your couch.
I also recommend FlexJobs. The company has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, along with a money-back policy if you are unhappy with the website. FlexJobs guarantees that every single job is 100% legitimate.
What exactly does a Website Tester do?
A Website Tester is someone who gives their opinion about a random website. Some companies may require you to install software, which will enable your activity to be recorded. You may be informed to speak about the design of the site, quality, and ease-of-use.
What are the requirements for this job?
For equipment, the following are required:
- Updated PC or Laptop
- High Speed Internet
- Some sites will even require a webcam – I personally use an inexpensive brand called Logitech HD Pro Webcam that I purchased on Amazon.
You should also able to speak basic English and have good writing skills because some companies may ask you to write a small report after each completed test.
If you an alternative to make some quick cash online, you can consider taking online surveys. They will pay you for sharing your feedback, and InboxDollars gives you $5 just for signing-up!
12 Companies that Will Pay You To Test Websites from Home
- UserTesting – This company is currently hiring website testers nationwide. You are rewarded $10 cash for every 10-15 minute test you complete. No webcam is needed.
- Whatusersdo – Pay is $8 or more via Paypal. A test takes around 15-20 minutes to complete. You must have a Mac or PC, Internet access, and microphone.
- UserTest – Pay is $10.50 per test study. It's completely free to join and only takes 5 minutes to become a qualified tester.
- Enroll – Get paid to test websites before they are published. Earn cash rewards.
- UTest – This company offers a variety of website testing opportunities.
- UserFeel – This company pays around $10 per test.
- Start Up Lift – Website tester jobs available immediately. You are paid $5 per test via Paypal.
- Analysia – Test takes around 15 minutes to complete. Pay is $10 per test.
- TryMyUI – Tests takes around 15-20 minutes to complete. Pay is $10 per test.
- Userlytics – Both webcam and microphone are required to complete test. Pay is $10 per test.
- Amazon Mechanical Turk – This company is owned by Amazon. It offers Website Tester jobs, but the pay may be much less than the others on this list.
- Testing Time – Get paid to conduct user testing studies. You will earn up $50 per test, paid via Paypal.
Looking For More Companies That Recruit Website Testers?
If so, I recommend checking out FlexJobs. This is a membership site with tons of hand-screened job leads from reputable companies. The monthly fee is only $15 per month but you can set your account to only use it for one month just to see if you like it. FlexJobs guarantees your money back after 30 days if you are unhappy with the site.
P.S. – If you are enjoying this content, please subscribe for FREE work at home updates and follow my Facebook page or YouTube channel! I post tons of work at home opportunities, job leads, and video tutorials weekly.