In today's day and age, businesses are taking advantage of the use of freelancers to complete various tasks from around the world. According to Forbes, “There are currently an estimated 53 million Americans freelancing, approximately 34 percent of the total workforce.
Nowadays, it's not necessary to have a local team to get work done. You can simply recruit what they call a “virtual team”. However as a business owner, you may have a hard time managing the following:
- The amount of time an employee spends on a task
- The quality of work of submitted by your team
This is where Hubstaff plays a big role. In this article, you will learn more about Hubstaff platform and six remote positions they are currently recruiting for.
What is Hubstaff?
Hubstaff is a time tracking tool that a business can install on their computers and use to track time of their team/employees. No matter the location, a team member can clock in with the click of a button. Hubstaff can track time, take screenshots, and manage activity level straight from your HubStaff dashboard. This software is able to integrate with more than 30 accounting, CRM, invoicing and project management tools.
“Our mission is to create a platform that empowers teams to work together in real time with full transparency and that enables those team members to work wherever and whenever they want.”
The Positions Available at Hubstaff
All Hubstaff employees work remotely. Lately they are hiring additional personnel for the following positions. The responsibilities of each job has been listed as follows:
QA and Customer Support
The person for this job should have the necessary technical knowledge to offer desktop support as well as mobile application support to those who have newly signed up. He or she will need to be a team player to work closely with various teams and their employees making sure that technical difficulties are resolved and new hires are on boarded in the right way. Good communication skills are essential and a great personality too.
This person needs to have a work location that is quiet since this is a remote job and most of the time he or she will be communicating with various clients. He or she should also be willing to commit to full time working hours (40 hours a week).
You need to be a doer. Someone who is on the grind every day implementing the marketing strategy. People needed for this position should have knowledge of HTML. You don’t need to be an expert but you are required to have working knowledge of it. You should also have experience in SEM/ SEO. Work experience in growth hacking, traffic generation and inbound marketing is essential. You should also be able to manage Google and Facebook advertising.
Content Marketer/ Writer
This post is open to people who have a clear understanding of content marketing and who also write well.
- The work entails writing blogs from scratch or by following a given outline. The ability to tell a great story is an added benefit.
- Setting up posts and working closely with the graphic design team to come up with great imagery is part of the person’s role.
- Additionally, he or she should be able to work well with WordPress to format posts, edit blogs created by other writers, publish the posts following the given schedule and also share them on social media.
- The blogs should also be posted on associated sites, and the same content should be maximized by recycling it into a variety of formats.
- An understanding of keyword research is important as well.
This job will entail two major components:
- Coming up with tactical or strategic recommendations
- Implementing the said recommendations
This person should be able to work with the team of six, look at the data provided on the back end and uncover the right strategies for growth and then execute them every day. Currently the team covers these marketing aspects: copywriting, split tests, customer acquisition, marketing automation, conversation optimization and copywriting.
- You should also be able to work with HTML not necessarily at an expert level.
- You need to understand analytics deeply and be able to create written content for the internet and email.
- To succeed as a growth marketer you will need to have experience with an e-commerce company or SAAS and have a clear understanding of traffic generation, inbound marketing and growth hacking.
Software Engineer (Ruby on Rails)
They are looking for an engineer conversant with Ruby on Rails to help them scale their service due to the speedy growth experienced. This position reports to the CTO and the person will be working closely with the other engineers.
Public Relations Representative
The person will need to be an enthusiastic marketer who can come up with PR strategies from scratch and implement them successfully.
The responsibilities for this position include:
- Media interaction at some of the big publication outlets. The interaction includes fielding questions from the media and others, getting placements in podcasts, securing guest blogging opportunities, finding expert contributors the Hubstaff’s blog.
- You will also be required to plan PR strategies, develop and implement them, collate media coverage and analyze it and also interact with the various influences within the industry.
- The candidate will be required to have a proven record of success with PR campaigns online, relate well with Software as a Service media outlets.
- Should be confident when communicating and making presentations.
- Should have experience and be skillful in being a spokesperson and doing interviews and should also be conversant with social media particularly blogs, Twitter and Facebook.
What does the company pay?
HubStaff offers competitive pay based on your skills and qualifications.
How To Apply with Hubstaff
Click here to visit their official site. You can also check out my video below for step-by-step instructions on how to apply online.