Has the thought of making money online crossed your mind at one point or another? You're definitely not alone. About 1 in 4 Americans make money online and the numbers are increasing. When it comes to remote workers who work from home, a Gallup survey revealed that nearly 40% of employed Americans make up that number.
Doing online work can provide you with the freedom and flexibility to enhance your life. For starters, you can earn extra money on your own time. This is ideal for busy moms or people who need a flexible extra or full-time stream of income.
The EASIEST Ways To Earn Extra Cash Online...
- Branded Surveys - Get paid instantly by answering simple questions. Join now!
- Survey Junkie - Earn $20 fast for taking surveys & testing new products. Join now!
- PaidViewpoint - Take quick easy surveys! I've personally earned over $6,559 THIS YEAR! Pays fast via Paypal. Join Today!
- National Consumer Panel - Get paid to test free products! Join Now.
Second, working online allows you to make money from the comfort of your own home. You don't have to worry about commuting or clocking in at a job. If you've played around with the idea of making money online, it's definitely possible.
Here's what you need to know in order to get started.
Skills and Tools You'll Need
In order to make money online, you'll need a few core skills under your belt. The more you understand about your online job, the better the fit will be.
To start, you'll need computer and typing skills obviously regardless of the details of the job. You need to have a reliable computer or laptop and be able to research and use different systems whether it be an Excel spreadsheet or software like Skype or Zoom.
If you need to attend an online interview, you need to know how to access virtual meeting place.
You'll also need pretty good organizational skills. If you're working from home or a coffee shop, there won't be a direct supervisor on hand with you throughout the workday. You'll need to organize and plan out your day for productivity. You'll need to respond to emails related to work efficiently to prove that you're reliable.
Another skill you're going to need is good communication. Communication skills are important for any job, but it's a necessity if you plan to do online work.
Some tools and equipment you might need include:
- A laptop/computer
- A cell phone and/or a landline phone
- High-speed wireless internet connection
- Printer and scanner
- On-site and off-site backup for data stored on your computer
There are quite a few myths to consider about work at home jobs. You'll want to consider these before you jump heat in first.
Myth #1: All Online Jobs Are the Same – It's important not to generalize all online work opportunities. Some jobs may provide full-time work, while others will provide part-time work or even one-off gigs. It's important to keep realistic expectations and decide what type of work you're looking for ahead of time.
Myth #2: Working From Home Isn't Really Working – This is also a big myth. Sure, you might be able to sleep until 10 and work in your pajamas, but you still need to show up and focus. Working online is not much different from working in an office. It's still work and you may even find it more challenging than a traditional job.
Myth #3: Remote Work is Limited – This is also not true. Some people may assume that working online is limited to specific industries and jobs like data entry, transcription, and customer service. However, you can do a wide variety of jobs online including graphic design, HR and recruiting, advertising, teaching, and even telephone nursing.
How to Get Started
Ready to make money online? Whether you're looking for a flexible way to make some extra income or a whole new career, we've researched and shared tons of credible opportunities on this site.
At Dream Home Based Work, you'll find:
- Work at Home Job Board -These companies are actively hiring now so if you are looking for an actual job, start here as this will be a great resource.
- Work at Home Directory – Here, the jobs are organized by category for ease of use. Once a job is selected, users will see a list of companies that hire people to work from home in the selected role.
- Work at Home Videos – These informational videos will help find learn about current job leads, blogging, and step-by-step tutorials.
- Extra Cash Directory – Here is a list of opportunities available right now that will allow you to make extra cash online and from home. I personally add a few hundred dollars each month by participating in some of these sites.
You can also check out some of the best opportunities for making money online via these blog posts if you're completely new to the idea:
- How To Find Full-Time Work from Home Jobs
- How to Make Money Online and Get Paid in 24-72 Hours
- How To Work from Home as a Stay at Home Mom
- How To Find No Experience Work at Home Jobs
- How To Become A Home-Based Chat Agent ( Non-Phone)
- How To Become A Data Entry Agent
- How To Become a Proofreader
- How To Become A Freelance Writer
- How To Become An Online Tutor
- How To Become A Website Tester
- How To Become A Virtual Assistant
Need Additional Help?
If you seem to be confused and overwhelmed with the HUGE amount of information shared on this blog, don't hesitate to reach out to me by email – hello(at)dreamhomebasedwork(dot)com.