It can feel like an uphill battle when you’re a single woman trying to make it on her own. All of your hard earned money probably goes to paying the bills and what little you do have left over, you want to put aside and build yourself a nest egg. All the while, you’re still trying to date, have a social life, and not look like you’re living like a pauper.
The EASIEST Ways To Earn Extra Cash Online...
- Branded Surveys - Get paid instantly by answering simple questions. Join now!
- Survey Junkie - Earn $20 fast for taking surveys & testing new products. Join now!
- PaidViewpoint - Take quick easy surveys! I've personally earned over $6,559 THIS YEAR! Pays fast via Paypal. Join Today!
- National Consumer Panel - Get paid to test free products! Join Now.
Being frugal doesn’t mean you can’t have nice things just so you can build up that bank account. In fact, it is totally possible to have it all—within reason of course. You just have to know how to go about doing it.
Well, you’re in luck because we have some tips and ideas that will help you save some money, build up saving, and still enjoy (some) of the finer things in life.
How Single Women Can Earn More Money
The first thing everyone wants to know is how you can earn more money without having to put in more hours at the job. Thanks to the internet, there are countless ways that you can earn money from the comfort of your own home.
- Blogging. It seems like everybody and their brother is creating a blog nowadays. You may have even dabbled with a Blogger account back in the day. Well, guess what. Blogging is something anyone can do, and it can be done anywhere. With a self-hosted blog, you can monetize the blog and generate income that way. Depending on how much effort you put into it, you could make a decent income that very well may present the opportunity to do it full time and ditch the 9 to 5.
- Freelancing. It doesn’t matter if you’re a great writer if you’re a graphic designer, or you’re a social media whiz… There is a market out there where you can sell your services and generate some income. If you do decide to do this, there are some amazing groups on Facebook that will help you get started.
- Renting Your Space. With Airbnb being more and more popular, it isn’t uncommon for people to rent out their abodes to generate some extra income. As a single woman, this can be a great way to earn money without really doing very much.
- Ebates and Wikibuy. If you shop online a lot, there are two Chrome add-ons that you need to download. First is Ebates. Sign up for an account on the website and then download the add-on. With Ebates, you’ll get a certain percentage of your purchases. For example, if you like shopping at Macy’s, you can get 6% back on select purchases. But you'll also get discounts, too. When you go to that website with the add-on installed, it will automatically pop up on your screen, asking if you’d like to activate Ebates (ALWAYS click yes!). With the Wikibuy add-on, it will tell you the item you are purchasing is the cheapest that you can get it. If it isn’t, you then have the option to purchase that product at the cheaper rate. Keep in mind that sometimes this will direct you to a site that isn’t covered with Ebates.
How Single Women Can Save Money
Saving money is a problem a lot of people have. Most of the time we don’t necessarily think that we can cut back because we already assume we are being sensible. However, there are some ways that you can save even more.
- Cancelling Cable. Ah, the internet. With things like Amazon Prime, Netflix, and Hulu why would you need the expensive cable company siphoning money from your bank account? Not only that, cable companies will try and talk you into package deals that bundle your phone, television, and internet. But all you really need is the internet.
- Stop Using “Female” Products. We aren’t suggesting you ditch the monthly essentials, we are suggesting that you stop using products that are designed for women. This includes shaving cream, razors, body soaps, hair care, and so forth. You wouldn’t think there would be a price difference just because the items are a different color, but sadly, this is an example of something called the “Pink tax.”
- Stop Paying for Dating Services. Dating is hard, we get it. But there is absolutely no reason why you should be paying for a membership to a dating service. There are plenty of great free ones available. Think about all the times you visit websites that you think are free, but once you find someone you want to reach out to, you have to pay some kind of fee. Remember, free is always better!
- Use ThredUp. Trying to stay on trend with the latest fashions can get expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to break the bank. When you check out sites like ThredUp, you can find great articles of clothing (as well as shoes, handbags, accessories, and goody boxes). The best part is, they provide maternity, plus size, and junior sized clothing too. You can find amazing clothing, even brand name, that are brand new with tags, available at an insane discount.
Living as a single woman who is trying to save up money for a rainy day or to make a big purchase shouldn’t be difficult. In fact, it can be quite easy when you follow these golden nuggets of knowledge. Sure, you’re not going to become rich overnight, but they can help you live the life you want!
This was a guest post written by Johnathan Draper.