PeoplePerHour Review: How To Make Money Freelancing
If you have marketable skills in any field, you can earn money as a freelancer by completing jobs or projects via online marketplaces such as PeoplePerHour. Many people may ask ” How do you make money on People Per Hour? I've shared some general info and tips that might help you get started.
Most of us have heard of Upwork, Elance, Upwork, and other freelancing sites. Using People Per Hour is a great way to connect with other freelancers. Read on to learn more!
What Is PeoplePerHour (PPH)?
Based in the U.K., PeoplePerHour is a freelance or bidding site where clients can post jobs and freelancers can apply for the jobs. It is an online marketplace, very similar to Upwork, that connects clients with freelance workers from across the internet. The site charges some fees as a commission when you are paid on completion of a job.
How Does It Work?
- First, sign up and complete your profile. Tell about your skills, experience. Add your photos, videos, samples, and more in your profile to wow buyers. Profiles are ranked based on your activity per month. You can get ranked higher in search results by selling a service
- Once your profile is done, search for jobs. If you find a job you are interested in, bid on it by sending a proposal. You can bid on 15 projects/jobs a month for free. You can buy more credits if you have used all your free proposal credits to apply to more projects.
- Another way to make money freelancing via PeoplePerHour is by posting Hourlies for buyers to buy them. You can post an Hourlie in minutes. Tell what you are willing to do, how long will you take to do the job and how much you charge for that service. I suggest promoting your Hourlies via email, social media, your blog or website. If clients like your Hourlies and order them, you make money.
The most important thing required to make money by freelancing via Upwork is to have a skill at any particular field. You will need to have a computer with dedicated internet connection. If you are interested in doing customer service and marketing related projects, you will need a phone. Having a printer and scanner is also desirable.
How Much Money Can You Make Freelancing via PeoplePerHour (PPH)?
It depends on which field you are in, your experience, and how much you work. You can get part-time or full-time projects to keep you busy depending on your skillsets.
If you are an expert in your field, you can earn more than average freelancers do in your field. Some jobs pay more than others because of the demand for some specific job fields. Your location and proficiency in English language can affect your rates, particularly for certain projects.
Some clients like to hire freelancers from countries where the cost of living is relatively cheap. Freelancers from these countries can afford to lower their rates. However, if you have good skills in any particular field, you can find clients who will pay you according to your skills and experience no matter where you are from.
How Do You Withdraw Your Earnings?
PeoplePerHour allows you to withdraw your earnings either in GBP, EUR or USD. You can withdraw your earnings via one of following payment methods:
- UK Bank Transfer
- Non-UK Bank Transfer
- US Bank Transfer
- Non-US Bank Transfer
Tips on How to Get Jobs on PeoplePerHour
- Complete your profile. Highlight your key skills and experience in profile.
- Upload your best samples of work so the potential clients can see your portfolio of work and evaluate your skills and other relevant qualities.
- Always proofread your application cover letter before submitting your proposal.
- Apply for smaller jobs first at the beginning to get some good feedback.
- Make sure you have understood what your potential client has written in the job description before you apply for the job.
- Apply for jobs that are close to your skills and experience you have advertised in your profile.
- Tailor your application for each job you bid on. This shows that you have taken the time to writing something specific reading what your potential client has written in the job description.
- Ask for a reasonable price for each job you are bidding on.
PeoplePerHour is a great bidding site and marketplace you can use to make money freelancing online. If you have used the site as a side income, please share your experiences below. Looking forward to hearing from you!