Cambridge Proofreading Services: A Place To Find Online Proofreading and Editing Jobs
Do you have a keen eye for grammar and language? Are you able to spot awkward phrasing and typos in an article or book? Perhaps you have a keen interest in an academic field and would enjoy imparting your expertise and knowledge to help authors improve their writing.
The role involves carefully reviewing documents for grammar, typos and clarity using the “Track Changes” feature in MS Word. Some of the documents that they receive for review include dissertations and theses, manuscripts, CVs/resumes, novels, and more.
If you believe that you have the necessary skills and passion to help authors improve their writing and achieve their publication goals, this post is for you.
About Cambridge Proofreading
Cambridge Proofreading LLC is based in Chicago, IL with experienced editors from across the world. They proofread U.S. and U.K. English. The company is proud to have edited over 100,000 documents for more than 36,000 clients around the world.
Their network of over 300 editing professionals covers the full spectrum of academic subjects. They also have expertise in the public and private sector, having edited thousands of documents for businesses, organizations, and public bodies.
Requirements for the Ideal Candidate
You will demonstrate the following qualities:
- Advanced understanding of English language rules
- A degree from a UK/US or other English-speaking university
- Experience with MS Word’s Track Changes
You can see profiles of their editors and samples of their work half-way down this page for a better understanding of the profile they hire.
Also, check out these Legitimate Work from Home Jobs as a Proofreader with ProofreadingServices
What are the hours at Cambridge Services?
Some of the benefits of working for Cambridge Proofreading include:
- Above-average rates of pay for the industry.
- Flexible working hours from home. You can choose to accept or reject a job proposal without explanation.
- Through the online proofreading portal, you would be given details of an order including the word count, deadline and any editing requirements. It is possible to preview the document before accepting a job.
- The opportunity to work with a team of highly qualified editors. Support and feedback are always on hand from the Editing Manager and Quality Control Manager.
How to Apply with Cambridge Proofreading
If you wish to apply as a remote proofreader, please visit their careers page. You will be given the chance to undertake a preliminary quiz to test your knowledge before undertaking a short trial document.
Looking for more proofreading opportunities? Check out this list of 38 Places That Hire Online Proofreaders and Editors To Work from Home
Latest posts by Lashay (see all)
- Top 11 Legit Apps Like Ibotta to Get Cash Back - July 14, 2019
- Best 14 Part-Time Online Jobs for College Students - July 5, 2019
- 25+ Easy Online Jobs That Anyone Can Do, Completely Free! - June 27, 2019