Do you have what it takes to succeed as a Transcriptionist with REV? Are you looking for a legit work from home job that will pay you to transcribe? If yes, then I implore to read on while I review one of the companies that hires Home based transcriptionists.
Transcription is becoming increasingly popular today. Unlike in the past, more people are now applying to provide these services. It is a very incredible job for people who love to control their schedule and make money at the same time.
The EASIEST Ways To Earn Extra Cash Online...
- Branded Surveys - Get paid instantly by answering simple questions. Join now!
- Survey Junkie - Earn $20 fast for taking surveys & testing new products. Join now!
- PaidViewpoint - Take quick easy surveys! I've personally earned over $6,559 THIS YEAR! Pays fast via Paypal. Join Today!
- National Consumer Panel - Get paid to test free products! Join Now.
If you are a stay-at-home parent, or you need a second work from home job that is flexible, this post is for you. If you have great typing speed, or you need extra bucks, you should consider working as a Transcriptionist.
A quick look at the internet will show you numerous companies that hire Transcriptionists. However, you should be careful because most of them are frauds. This is why I try to review as many work from home companies as I can. At least, you no longer have to worry about researching them.
What is Rev?
Rev is a San Francisco based company that offers low cost Transcribing and Translating services. The company was founded in the Year 2009. Jason Chicola and Josh Breinlinger who were former employees of ODesk founded Rev.com.
Since inception, Rev.com has provided its services to some big names in the industry. Notable on its client list are PBS, Comcast, and Tech Crunch. The company works with excellent transcribers and employs anyone who qualifies perfectly for the job.
Rev.com hires both in house and home-based employees.
The company’s mission is to give more people the freedom to work from home. Rev intends to bring the best of the office online. It is the belief of the company that the best workers will always deliver excellent results regardless of where they work.
Who is Rev.com’s Ideal Candidate?
It is important to state here that not everyone can work with Rev.com. For instance, if you are looking to make more than the minimum wage, this is not for you. Rev.com offers an ideal online transcription job for anyone who:
- Wants a flexible work-from-home job
- Has the ability to type quickly and accurately
- Enjoys getting paid for typing
- Possesses excellent spelling skills and a good understanding of English grammar.
What skills do I need to succeed on Rev?
To succeed as a Rev.com employee, there are certain skills and characteristics that you will need to exhibit. Some of the skills you need as a Rev.com transcriber are:
- Strong listening skills
- Efficient typing skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft packages
- Strong grammatical skills
- Proficient proofreading skills
- Effective multitasking skills
- Efficient time management ability.
What do I need to get started?
To complete tasks on Rev.com, you do not need too much equipment. However, the following items are recommended to make your job easier and more accurate:
- A computer system with a good keyboard. I recommend using your personal computer.
- Headphones. Transcription involves listening and typing, so this cannot be overemphasized. We recommend a good noise-canceling headphone. You can also consider purchasing sound enhancement software to make the speech clearer.
- A fast and reliable internet connection.
- A noise-free working area.
- A transcription foot pedal.
- Once you have all the items listed above, you will be ready to apply for your first transcription job.
You May Also Like: Best 5 Closed Captioning Work from Home Jobs To Apply for Today!
How much will I earn on Rev
The amount you earn as a Transcriptionist on Rev.com is largely dependent on several factors, including:
- The number of hours you put into the job
- Your typing speed
- The amount of work available at the time.
- This means that you are solely in control of your earnings. However, the standard pay ranges from $0.45 to $0.75 per minute.
Rev sends your payment via PayPal every first day of the week.
If you would prefer a high-paying job, I suggest these options:
- Best 10 High-Paying Entry-Level Jobs You Can Do from Home
- 10 Legit Work from Home Jobs Paying $15 Per Hour or More!
How do I get started on Rev.com?
Like every other company, the first thing you will need to do is visit the website of the company where you intend to apply. I must point out here that Rev.com’s application process is comprehensive and very lengthy.
Once you are on the website, you should visit the application page here. The process of application is divided into three important segments. You will first need to fill in your basic info.
The company then tests your typing ability and your grammatical skills before providing you with an actual transcription test.
In the typing test, you will be required to type some text within 60 seconds. There is no limit to how many words you can type; the limit is time.
The grammar test is straightforward. However, you may struggle if English is not your strong suit. The test focuses on capitalization, word usage, sentence structure, and punctuation.
The transcription test is the main evaluation. You will have time to transcribe an audio. Make sure to take your time and edit where necessary.
Based on my personal experience and the reviews I have read about this company, I can boldly say they are legitimate. The list of their clients also affirms their popularity in the industry. Therefore, if you believe you can work on a Transcription job, Rev.com should be one of your potential choices.
Where To Find More Beginner Transcription Jobs