American Express Review
American Express is a well known credit card company that offers a variety of US-based work from home positions. in customer care. This company has been known for their superior customer service for many years.
American Express gives individuals the opportunity to become part one of the world's highly respected brands. I will be giving you all an overview of their home based customer service position.
As a customer care specialist with American Express, you will be responsible for evaluating and analyzing customer's account information and recommending products or services to their cardmembers.
American Express hires in the following locations in:
Alabama , Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
Pay and Hours at American Express
American Express pays around $16.57 per hour based off prior work experience Top performers can earn around $28 per hour including base pay plus incentives. This is a full-time position with a fixed schedule of 40 hours weekly. American Express states the following regarding your schedule:
- Weekly work schedule may include day/evening/overnight shifts.
- Weekend shifts are required.
- Time off will be available/approved based on current call volume demands.
Does American Express offer Employee Benefits?
- Yes. AMEX offers their employees a generous benefits package which include retirement programs, along with comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans.Required Skills:
- Passion for serving customers with proactive solutions that grow relationships
- Proven exceptional listening and relationship building skills
- Effective and accurate decision-making skills
- Strong verbal communication skills including active listening
- Proficiency in keyboarding and navigating a windows environment
- Effective PC troubleshooting skills
- 4 year college degree or 4 years customer service experience
- Sound understanding of credit cards practices/terms
- High Speed Internet with at least 10 Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload speeds: DSL or Cable (no wireless or satellite ISPs allowed)
- Dedicated and separate analog landline phone (no VOIP- voice over internet protocol) for training and production calls. (e.g. Magic Jack, Vonage, etc.)