5 Popular Ways Bloggers Make Money Working from Home
In today's article, I will explain the top 5 ways bloggers make money working from home. First I must say, for most bloggers like myself, patience is the key. There are many that won't stick with it long enough to make a full-time income. However if you have the motivation, no matter what age, you can start a blog and earn money every single day.
This is definitely a pleasure to share with you, because so many people contact me, struggling to find a legitimate way to make money online. In addition there hopes are shattered by online scams and schemes. I am clearly a witness that your hopes can be turned into a reality with blogging.
How to Make Money Blogging?
Below you will find the most popular ways bloggers make money blogging from home. It is up to you to decide which option would be the best fit for your blog. Haven't started a blog yet? I suggest reading my latest article on how to successfully start a blog in 7 steps.
1. Advertising Networks
Ad networks is one of the top and easiest ways to make money, if you think it will be a good fit for your audience. It will surely take huge blog traffic to benefit from advertising networks.
Some of the Top Ad Network Programs
- Google Adsense is the most popular advertising network that a lot of bloggers use. They pay monthly via Paypal once you have earned at least $10, or you can request a check at $50.
- Media.Net is a company pays once every 30 days, once you have accumulated at least $100 in your account. Payments are made via wire transfer or Paypal.
- Chitika is a popular Adsense alternative. They send out payments monthly via Paypal, once you've accumulated at least $10. Or you will have the option to request a check with a minimum balance of $50.
2. Affiliate Networks
Affiliate programs provide you with a unique affiliate code that you can use to refer traffic to the target site. Most affiliate networks will offer available text links, banners and other creatives that you can place on a blog to start referring your audience.
Some of the Current Top-Earning Affiliates I Use:
3. In-Text Advertising
These are the little ads that pop-up within the text on your blog. So when someone hovers their mouse over them an advertisement will show. I personally don't use them because they are kind of annoying to me as well as my readers, but they can definitely earn you money.
Some of the Current Top In-Text Advertising Networks:
- Infolinks is the most popular and is very easy to get in with. They pay monthly via Paypal, bank transfer, Payoneer, ACH, or prepaid Mastercard once you have reached the $50 minimum payout. They offer many customization options to make your ads look natural.
- Vibrant Media offers in-text ads and display in-image ads.
- Amobee has been around for a long time and is a very popular option as well. Payments are made via Paypal, check, wire transfer, or ACH at the $50 minimum payout.
4. Start an Online Store
If you have an arts and crafts blog , you can create an online shop through Etsy or another service for selling your handmade items. If you are a writer or illustrator, search online for a website that will let you sell T-shirts with slogans or drawings on them. Keep in mind most blogs are not tied to products. You don't need to sell something to make money, but if it fits your blog, go for it.
5. Sell Your Own Blog Space
You have probably put hours of work into your blog and now you want to start selling your own ad space. Advertisers love blogs and will carefully look at your blog and its information, then compare it with other bloggers in your niche. It is important to make your blog unique so that it can stand out in the eyes of advertisers.
Provide a page on your blog which offers advertising options. This page should contain the following:
- Your audience demographics (gender, age spread, average household income (if needed),etc.)
- Traffic estimates (page views, unique visitors, email subscribers, social fans, etc)
- Advertising prices if available.
- Contact information and how to get started.
Monetize wisely. This rule is so important. You should ensure that you do not stuff your blog with so many ads as it might turn your visitors away. Always ensure that you include profitable forms of ads and be sure to do it in a way that it will grab the attention of your audience away from the information which they came for in the first place.