Asurion offers home-based positions in the US to individuals that are able to sell insurance for electronic devices such as televisions, cell phones, computers and more. You will be assisting customers regarding anything from lost, stolen or damaged mobile phones to malfunctioning computers or TVs. The technology company has been in business since 1994 and claims to have over 15,000 employees providing customer service with the majority working from home.
Asurion hires work-at-home agents as employees for various customer care positions in the United States. Bilingual and Spanish speakers are encouraged to apply for agent positions.
Pay and Hours:
Asurion pays their customer care agents around $9-$12 per hour but you will need to have a flexible schedule as the working hours are not fixed. You are also able to work overtime and earn extra money as well.
- 1+ years of customer service experience
- Attend each class of the 6-week training period
- Flexible to work all shifts as required (evenings, weekends, and holidays)
- High school diploma or GED
- Meet all equipment, connectivity, and home office environment requirements and maintain them throughout employment
- Pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening
- Pass subsequent background checks on an annual basis
- Prior call center experience preferred
- Provide a distraction-free and satisfactory work environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Updated Computer
- High-Speed Internet
- Landline Phone
- Corded headset with noise-canceling microphone and mute button
- Built-in telephone keypad to either a phone or amplifier
- Cordless phones or wireless headsets are not permitted
Are you hired as an Employee or Independent Contractor?
Asurion hires all customer care agents as direct employees and provides great benefits as well. Also, getting hired as an employee rather than an independent contractor increases the chances of having reliable work as you work from home.
Does Asurion offer their agents Benefits?
Yes. Asurion offers their employees a great benefits package which includes:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance
Where to Apply?
If you are interested in applying for a position with Asurion, you can start the application process here. Good luck to all those who apply!