If you are looking for a job in the healthcare industry that requires some experience, check out these related jobs. These are perfect for individuals wishing to forego the daily commute in order to work from their own home.
Keep in mind that most of these work-at-home jobs in the medical field can be either salaried or pay on an hourly basis.
The EASIEST Ways To Earn Extra Cash Online...
- Branded Surveys - Get paid instantly by answering simple questions. Join now!
- Survey Junkie - Earn $20 fast for taking surveys & testing new products. Join now!
- PaidViewpoint - Take quick easy surveys! I've personally earned over $6,559 THIS YEAR! Pays fast via Paypal. Join Today!
- National Consumer Panel - Get paid to test free products! Join Now.
Also known as an MT, a medical transcriptionist is someone who handles the process of converting voice recordings provided by physicians into text. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average yearly salary for a medical transcriptionist during the year 2012 was $34,020 per year or $16.36 an hour.
Companies that Recruit Medical Transcriptionist:
- Advanced Transcription
- Professional Medical Services
A medical coder is someone who reviews medical records in order to assign them specific Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) codes, which are used in hospital settings to ensure health care providers are properly reimbursed for their services. According to the AACP's 2013 findings, it's estimated that medical coders who have attained a professional coder certification make an average of $48,593 per year.
Companies that Recruit Medical Coders:
Medical Billing Clerk
Often referred to as Health Information Technicians, medical billing professionals are the ones who submit and follow up on claims filed with health insurance companies on behalf of health care providers. With proper certification, medical billing clerks should expect to make on average $34,160 per year or $16.42 an hour according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics' 2012 study.
When searching for a company in the medical field that will hire you to work from home as a medical biller, for most cases you must start in your local doctor's offices, clinics, and even insurance companies. Once you have proven your skills, then you are able to transition to working from home.
Finding Information for Home Based Jobs in the Medical Field
Here are some helpful resources to help you learn more:
- WorkatHomeMoms has tons of information on how to get started, avoiding medical job search scams, and more.
- Career Step offers an online training course for those interested in working as a medical biller/coder.
- WAHM.com wrote an awesome article on how to find legitimate medical billing from home jobs.
- FlexJobs is a recommended job search site that provides screened job listings for those looking for legitimate medical coding jobs.
There are a number of great opportunities in the medical field. Since there is a high demand for healthcare professionals, the pay is very rewarding and competitive. If your motivation is to help others, the information above will help you begin your search.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- 18 Work from Home Medical Billing, Transcription, and Coding Jobs
- Best 5 Healthcare Companies for Work at Home Medical Jobs