Ginger provides on-demand access to behavioral health coaching, therapy, and psychiatry services through their mobile app. The company aims to make mental health support accessible, affordable, and convenient for individuals, employers, and health plans. They offer various programs and resources to support individuals struggling with anxiety, depression, stress, and other mental health conditions. They typically will attract professionals already serving in the mental and behavioral health fields who are looking for career boosts or changes. Their mission is “reinventing mental health care”.
Benefits & Perks at Ginger
At Ginger, you would have the opportunity to work for a company that is dedicated to improving people's mental health and well-being. Ginger is a fast-growing company, which means there are opportunities for career advancement and professional development. The company also invests in its employees through training and educational programs. Ginger offers competitive salaries and benefits packages, including health, dental, and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
The EASIEST Ways To Earn Extra Cash Online...
- Branded Surveys - Get paid instantly by answering simple questions. Join now!
- Survey Junkie - Earn $20 fast for taking surveys & testing new products. Join now!
- PaidViewpoint - Take quick easy surveys! I've personally earned over $6,559 THIS YEAR! Pays fast via Paypal. Join Today!
- National Consumer Panel - Get paid to test free products! Join Now.
Ginger's work culture is collaborative and supportive, with a focus on teamwork and communication. You would be working with a team of passionate professionals who are dedicated to making a positive impact in the mental health field. Ginger offers flexible work arrangements, including remote work options, which can be especially beneficial for those who need to balance work and personal responsibilities.
Job Qualification & Requirements
Depending on the position, there are a few things to keep in mind when considering a career at Ginger:
- Education and Experience: Some positions may require a graduate degree in a related field such as psychology, social work, counseling, or psychiatry, while other roles will lean more towards other relevant experience in the mental health field through prior work experience, internships, or volunteer work.
- Licensure and Certification: Depending on the position, licensure and certification requirements may vary. For example, a licensed therapist, counselor or tech role may be required to have a certain degree, valid state license or certification, while a coaching role may require prior work or training experience with a coaching certificate.
- Technical Skills: Many positions in mental health companies like Ginger may require technical skills such as proficiency in electronic health records (EHR) systems, teletherapy platforms, or other software applications.
- Soft Skills: As with many mental and behavioral health field companies, there is a high level of communication skills, empathy, active listening, and the ability to build rapport with clients that will be needed within many of the roles at Ginger.
- Personal Qualities: Candidates that apply must consider whether they possess the kind of compassion, patience, flexibility, and a strong sense of ethics and professionalism that are important personal qualities within a mental and behavioral health setting.
Additionally, some of the basic technical requirements that will support a role at Ginger could include:
- Computer or Laptop: Employees will need a computer or laptop with a reliable internet connection to access the company's systems and tools for communication and collaboration.
- Webcam and Microphone: If the employee's role requires virtual meetings or teletherapy sessions, they may need a webcam and microphone for clear communication and engagement.
- Headset: A headset with a microphone can help employees to minimize background noise and ensure clear communication during teletherapy sessions or virtual meetings.
- Mobile Device: If the employee's role requires the use of the Ginger app, they may need a mobile device that is compatible with the app.
Here are a few current open positions you might consider:
Payment & Salary
According to Glassdoor, the average base salary for a therapist at Ginger Mental Health ranges from $72,000 to $90,000 per year.
Behavioral health coaches may earn an average salary of $52,000 to $60,000 per year, while psychiatrists may earn an average salary of $250 to $300 per hour.
Health Coaches hourly pay in the United States is approximately $18 per hour. Salary will ultimately depend on level of experience, education, and qualifications.
Ginger’s Talent Acquisition team will reach out to you directly from an @ginger.com or @ginger.io email address to guide you through their process after filing out their application online. Part of this assessment process includes a number of interviews, all of which occur over phone calls or video calls.
To explore other Ginger careers, you can visit their career page.