Data entry jobs involve typing in data from one source into another using a computer. Many businesses outsource data entry jobs to large companies that hire home based independent contractors. If you are looking for a flexible work from home job, data entry is the best choice.
There are many reliable companies and sites that offer legitimate data entry jobs you can do from home. These companies will not ask for any money to apply to the data entry jobs they offer.
Skills and Tools Required to Do Data Entry Jobs
An individual doing data entry jobs must be a fast and accurate typist because many companies pay only based on the number of correct keystrokes made. Basic skills required for doing data entry jobs include:
- Fast and accurate typing skills
- Basic computing skills
- Experience in working with Word processing, database, and presentation software
- A good working computer with high-speed Internet connection
- A complete resume detailing your relevant skills and experience
- A dedicated business land or cell phone
Companies That Offer Genuine Data Entry Jobs
Here are some of the top legitimate companies that offer work from home data entry jobs to earn extra cash if you have basic computer skills:
You May Like: Best 10 Entry Level Typing Jobs for Beginners
- SmartCrowd (formerly known as VirtualBee) – VirtualBee is a reputable company that constantly recruits home-based workers to complete data entry projects for their clients. If you meet the qualification, they will accept your application and allow you to work from home doing data entry. You just log on to the Virtual Bee system and start working on available data entry projects. The average pay is $5-$6 per hour. You are paid weekly by check once you reach $30, the minimum payout. If you are a fast and accurate typist, this is the company where you can find easy data entry work to do from home.
- Smart Locating – This company offers legitimate data entry jobs that can be done from home. You must be at least 18 years old to apply. Your role involves gathering information on apartments for database records all across the country.
- Great American Opportunities – This company looks for workers to do seasonal data entry jobs. Apply by sending your resume to email@example.com.
- Xerox – This well-known company hires occasionally for data entry/verification agents. It is best to check their careers page on a regular basis for new data entry openings here.
- SigTrack (Not accepting applications until 2018) – This company offers seasonal data entry jobs that involves processing voter’s registration for various states. You need to be very accurate while entering the data because your pay can b deducted if you type in incorrect data.
- Amazon’s Mechanical Turk – Amazon’s Mechanical Turk offers a wide variety of small tasks including simple data entry tasks. These tasks are called HITs (Human Intelligence Tasks).
- TDEC – This company is hiring home data entry keyers. You will need broadband Internet access.
- Microworkers – This is a popular site that offers legitimate data entry jobs from home.
- Clickworker – This worldwide crowdsourcing platform offers a variety of work at home micro jobs such as writing, translating, researching and data entry work. They pay on a per piece basis. You are paid weekly.
- Fiverr – Fiverr is a very popular freelance marketplace where you can advertise your skills such as data entry, writing, translating, transcribing, photo editing and virtually any skill that you have. If you are looking for data entry jobs, you Fiverr is a great place to promote your data entry skills and find data entry gigs.
Other Places to Find Data Entry Jobs
If so, I recommend checking out FlexJobs. This is a membership site with tons of hand-screened job leads from reputable companies. You can go here and see what data entry openings FlexJobs has up now.
You May Also Like:
- Best 10 Entry Level Typing Jobs for Beginners
- Use Your Typing Experience To Make Serious Money Online