Active Network hires reservation agents to work part time or for a season from home. The job position usually runs from May through early September, and at times extends through to November. Nevertheless, this technology company can also offer opportunities for permanent part-time positions giving you a chance to earn a stable income.
Job Duties at Active Network:
Active Network provides paid training that lasts a whole week before you get started. After the training, you will be assisting customers over the phone with their reservation requests, answering questions, and offer technical support as well.
Pay and Hours:
Although pay is not specified on their website, former employees confirm that the pay is around $8.25 per hour. The company requires their agents to be very flexible with their as the working days per week may change. However, you must work a minimum of 32 hours per week and be available at least one weekend day.
General Requirements for Active Network:
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, as well as the ability to communicate remotely with our support groups by phone, email and instant messaging (IM).
- Solid computer skills including internet knowledge (such as basic searching and queries), IM, email and familiarity with basic technical terminology.
- Must be organized and self-motivated.
- Minimum typing speed of 20 to 30 wpm.
- Be available for a minimum of 30 hours of schedule every week as well as weekend availability.
- Standard POTS/Analog phone line but can accept select digital providers. However, satellite, VoIP, or cell/wireless providers are not acceptable.
- High Speed internet connection (NO Satellite, data cards, or wireless). Bright House is not an accepted provider at this time.
- Be directly connected to the vendor’s modem by Ethernet cable (NO wireless).
- Be connected to the modem and phone line from your intended work station.
- Have a monitor capable of displaying a resolution of 1024 x 768 (NO all-in-one, tablets, laptops or TV’s as monitors).
- Have a source to repair your equipment if a non-ACTIVE Network problem arises.
- Must have the capability to maintain requirements put up by Active Network for their agents at all times.
How to apply with Active Network?
If you are interested in applying for a position with Active Network, you can view their list of job openings here. Good luck to all those who apply!