Work from Home with Modsquad as an Online Moderator
Modsquad is currently looking to fill the position of an Online Moderator. Modsquad is a leading company in the field of moderating forums, chatting up customers, and management of communities as well as social media buzzing. Working with the Modsquad entails carrying out your job from any private location as long as you have access to high-speed internet.
What Are The Requirements?
- The ideal candidate should have excellent interpersonal skills as well as written communication skills.
- The candidate should also be able to communicate with people of all cultures and from all walks of life.
- Should possess excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Should have the ability to muli-task.
- Should have a positive attitude and proactive and the ability to be self-driven.
- Should be able to work both as part of a team and as supervised.
- Should have basic knowledge of moderating online community platforms such as blogs, commenting, forums, photo uploads, etc.
- Should be aware of the Company’s industry as well as the culture of the targeted demographic and internet culture.
- Should be available on work days, nights, evenings and weekends or when required.
- Should have excellent knowledge on online legal issues and should be cool when under pressure.
US Job or Worldwide?
This position is open to multiple countries around the globe.
How Much Can I Make?
Due to the non-disclosure agreement that everyone is required to sign, there isn't a pay rate advertised online. Luckily, I was able to ask a former worker who worked as an online moderator. The person informed me that most online moderators start out making the state's minimum wage ( around $8 per hour). Payments are made monthly.
What Are The Responsibilities?
- Will be responsible for moderating and deciding whether to reinstate or remove content that has been deemed by website visitors as potentially inappropriate or offensive.
- To monitor the online community areas regularly in search of any content that may be deemed to be violating the online community area guidelines and decide whether to deal with the content appropriately and liaise with other stakeholders if required.
- Will be required to track as track all ongoing moderation issues.
- Should work hand in hand with the Community team in interpreting measured statistics and report the finding to the Community Manager daily.
- Be ready to give input on ways to develop and implement all community policies, strategies, and guidelines when called to.
Why You’ll Love Working with Modsquad
- You will have control over your own journey as you are in charge of your own business by getting to select the digital engagement projects you want.
- You’ll gain experience from working with some of the world’s coolest brands ranging from the gaming world to e-commerce to the entertainment world.
- You’ll be able to keep your day job. Our network is full of moonlighters, students, stay-at-home parents, and retirees.