Flexibility and freedom are two main reasons why many people want to work from home. While writing, data entry and freelance jobs are typically the most flexible jobs out there, there are many other home-based jobs that also offer flexibility when it comes to choosing the hours you would like to work.
If you are looking for different types of flexible jobs you can do on your own schedule from your home, you can consider doing one of the following jobs or more:
- Phone Jobs
- Non Phone Jobs
- Data Entry Jobs
- Mystery Shopping Jobs
- Proofreading and Editing
- Translating and Interpreting
- Tutoring and Educational Jobs
Here are some of the top companies that offer flexible jobs you can do on your own schedule:
Some reputable companies offering flexible phone jobs include:
- Arise – Arise offers a variety of flexible job positions to work from home in customer support. You are often able to choose hours that are flexible with your schedule.
- Live Ops – You can find flexible virtual call center agent jobs on Live Ops. You need to work a minimum of 10 hours per week. The task involves taking inbound calls from potential clients.
- Contract World – Contract World allows you to choose hours you would like to work for a client, provided that you are available on the client’s need basis. They hire customer service agents for major companies like Pizza Hut, KFC and the Shopping Channel.
- OnPoint@Home – They offer project-based phone jobs. You can choose your own schedule as long as you work a minimum of 25 hours per week from your home.
- NextWave@Home – They hire home-based call center agents to make outbound calls from home to a wide range of audiences, educating them about current political issues. You can work anytime day or night as long as you work at least 20 hours per week.
- Pleio-Goodstart – You are contracted to make outbound calls for providing follow-up service to people on medications. All calls are complimentary customer service oriented. You can choose your own schedule to make calls during the hours of 8:00am EST to 11:59pm EST.
- USA Contact Point – You can choose your own schedule to work from home providing customer support and handling sales calls. You can be flexible with your schedule as the shifts are available 24/7.
- West at Home – They offer a variety of jobs such as customer support, surveys, technical support, answering calls, and sales. Pay is determined on a pay per call, pay per minute basis if there is a high volume of work. If the call volume is low, the pay is determined on your state’s minimum wage basis.
Mystery Shopping Jobs
- ARC Consulting – They coffer phone mystery shopping work from home jobs that you can do to earn some extra cash. You can choose your own schedule provided that you make the phone calls during the business hours.
- Call Center QA – They offer phone mystery shopping jobs you can work from home to make extra money. You can choose your own schedule as long as you make the calls during the business hours.
- Pierce-Eislen – They offer rental mystery shop phone jobs. You will act as a renter to collect information about apartment rates and specials, making calls on your own schedule during the business hours.
- Intelicheck – If hired, you can choose your won schedule provided that you work at least 10 hours per week.
- Perception Strategies – They hire independent contractors for healthcare telephone mystery shopping work that involves making calls during the business hours. You can work on your own schedule.
Web Search Evaluation Jobs
Search evaluation jobs involve checking whether the search results that are returned by any relevant search engine based on any given keyword are accurate, relevant and spam-free. As a search engine evaluator, you give feedback on the relevancy and accuracy of search results based on the keyword that were given to you. Your feedback helps the relevant search engine to assess how it works or should work. Here are some reputable companies that offer search evaluation jobs:
- Lionbridge – They offer search engine evaluation jobs you can do on your own schedule. You can choose up to 20 hours per week.
- Zero Chaos – This company allows you to choose your own schedule as long as as you commit to work at least 10 hours per week. You can work a maximum of 30 hours per week.
- Leapforce – This is one of the most reputable companies offering very flexible search engine evaluation jobs. You can work anytime as long as there is work. The pay is around $13.50 per hour.
- iSoftStone – No prior experience is required to You can work anywhere from 10 to 25 hours a week.
Tutoring and Educational Jobs
- Tutor.com – You can set your own schedule to tutor online at Tutor.com. It is one of the most reliable sites for finding tutoring jobs online.
- Brainfuse – You can work around your own schedule as long as there is any available tutoring session you can claim. They hire home-based online tutors.
- ISUS – You can teach ESL (English as Second Language) lessons online from home via ISUS. You can work from Monday to Friday, choosing your own schedule provided that you work in 2-4 hour blocks.
- Cambly – Cambly offers ESL teaching jobs from home. If tutoring sessions are available, you can choose your own schedule.
Some other reputable companies offering online tutoring jobs include:
- Write Score
- Reasoning Mind
Non Phone Jobs
All the following companies offer flexible non phone jobs to help you earn some extra cash:
- Fancy Hands – Fancy Hands offers a variety of flexible phone and non phone tasks that you can do on your own schedule.
- Humanatic – Humanatic pays you to review calls. You listen to recorded phone calls and then review them. You can choose your own schedule and work as much or as little as you want.
- 3Play Media – This company offers editing and transcription jobs among others. You can create your own schedule as long as you commit to work a minimum of 15 hours a week.
- Needle – If you are interested work at home chat jobs, Needle allows you to choose your own schedule and work anytime.
- Zirtual – You can find a variety of tasks on Zirtual that allows you to work anytime provided that you are available when a client needs you. Tasks include researching, scheduling appointments, and much more.
- SigTrack – SigTrack offers seasonal data entry jobs from home. The tasks involve keying in voter registration and petition forms. You can be flexible with your schedule, meaning you can work when you want to.
More Companies Offering Flexible Work at Home Jobs
- Amazon Mechanical Turk – Amazon’s MTurk offers a variety of short tasks you can complete to earn some extra cash. However, many tasks just pay literally a few cents although it takes very short time to do each of these tasks. You can cash out or receive Amazon Gift Cards, depending on your location.
- Clickworker – It is a cloudsourcing platform where you can find a variety of small tasks like writing, editing, data entry, etc. You can work around your own schedule.
- VirtualBee – You can do data entry jobs here to earn some extra money, but the work is not steady.
- Postloop – Postloop allows you to make money by posting on forums and blog sites. You need to have good writing and grammar skills. If you work hard you can earn some extra cash using this content marketplace.
- Voter Research – You can work anytime if there is work, conducting political surveys, to make some extra cash. The work is not steady.
- Vocalabs – Vocalabs allows you to make money by conducting customer satisfaction surveys from home. You need to conduct the surveys by making calls during daytime or evening hours, so you can be flexible with your schedule.
Make sure to research properly before you take on any job. If you have the right skills, and are willing to put in effort, you can make some extra cash easily from home doing one of the above flexible jobs or more offered by many different legitimate companies.
Still Need More? Lisa shared a BIG list of 67 companies that let you work whenever you want at The Drifting Desk.